Art of Awareness hosts a variety of both on-location and off-site continuing education and training opportunities for medical, mental health, and body-centered practitioners, as well as the general public.
Embodying Polyvagal Theory: Body-Oriented Learning and Exploration for Psychotherapists and Helping Professionals
with Deb Grant, LCSW, RSMT
November 5th, 2021, 8:30am-4:00pm
Click HERE to register.
As therapists, we are well aware that our experience of safety, danger, and life threat becomes woven into our personal narrative, beyond our conscious control. Polyvagal Theory helps us to understand how the autonomic nervous system (ANS) influences and shapes this process. Developed by renowned researcher Stephen Porges, Polyvagal Theory explains from a neuro psychophysiological perspective on how and why we move through a continuous cycle of mobilization, disconnection, and engagement with the world. For many who study this theory, it provides conceptual clarity while leaving people unsure about how to utilize the theory or integrate it into their work.
This Embodying Polyvagal Theory workshop offers body-based ways to experience and apply the theory with clients, through a day of interactive exploration.
Adapted for online learning, this workshop combines didactic and body-based approaches to Polyvagal theory and regulation of the autonomic nervous system. You will:
- Develop/review basic fluency in the language of polyvagal theory.
- Deepen your understanding and use of polyvagal theory using the lens of embodiment.
- Learn and explore how to apply our embodied knowledge of polyvagal theory to your work with clients, with greater attunement to movement of the body.
Please note: Please be prepared to engage actively in this workshop, as this workshop is experiential. This will include movement exercises, sharing in the chat, and a breakout session(s). Keeping your video on is recommended.
Cost: $155 early bird special when you register before October 10th! $180 after October 10th.
Student and Art of Awareness Staff discount: $110 early bird special when you register before October 10th! $135 after October 10th. Students and Art of Awareness staff, please email email@example.com to claim the discounted rate.
Continuing Education: This workshops counts for 6 Social Work Continuing Education Hours.
Eligibility: This workshop is for any helping professional interested in gaining an embodied understanding of Polyvagal Theory.
1. Visit our Class Schedule and Sign Up page HERE.
2. Select the date of the training, 11/05/2021, and click “Sign Up”
3. Click “Next”, then sign into your Mindbody account (or create one if you are a new student)
4. Once you have registered & paid for the training, you will be sent a confirmation email of your registration
5. Within 24 hours of the training’s scheduled start time, you will be sent an invitation through email to attend a “Zoom meeting”
6. Click the link provided in the email invitation to be brought to the training*
7. If you do not receive an email invitation at least 2 hours prior to the training start time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be sent a new invitation
Contact us at 207-805-0183 for more information about our other Training Institute offerings.