Now Accepting New Clients
Art of Awareness is a hybrid psychotherapy organization that offers in-person as well as telehealth services.
Whether you are interested in individual, couples, family, group therapy, or our Intensive Outpatient Therapy program, we are happy to support you through the intake process. Our New Client Referral form allows us to gather basic information about your treatment needs to aid us in matching you with a therapist.
Additionally, Art of Awareness will be hosting graduate level interns between September 2022 and May 2023. Our internship program will be offering free therapeutic services for individuals who are open to seeing an intern. Each intern will be supervised by Michael Johnston, LCSW, throughout the entire academic year. If you are interested in pursuing these services please fill out our New Client Referral form below and request an intern. Please feel free to contact Michael Johnston by calling 207-200-5940 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below please find additional information about becoming a new client at Art of Awareness as well as more information about our location and parking accommodations (at the bottom of this page).
- To get started, new clients should complete and submit our New Client Referral Form. Please be sure to download and save the New Client Referral form to your device prior to filling it out, otherwise the PDF form will not save your information. In order to protect client’s privacy, the PDF form will not save your data unless it is saved to a private server prior to inputting any information.
- Once completed, new client paperwork may be emailed, faxed, or mailed to our office.- For all new clients interested in Individual, Couples, or Family therapy, please send your referral to email@example.com
- Please include a photo of the front and back of your insurance card as you submit your new client referral form
– For all new clients interested in our Intensive Outpatient Program, please send your referral to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Fax to: (207) 799-1350
Address: 100 Waterman Drive, Suite 201, South Portland, Maine 04016 (Attn: Intake Office)
- If you do not receive a confirmation that we’ve received your new client paperwork within a week of sending it, please contact our intake office at email@example.com or call 207-805-0181.
- If you would prefer to complete the New Client Referral over the phone, please call the Intake Office at 207-805-0181 and leave your name, number, and the best day/time to contact you. The process of filling out the referral over the phone usually takes about 10-15 minutes to complete.
New Client Paperwork Instructions
Click on the links below to view and download new client paperwork.
IMPORTANT: Instructions for completing/submitting the New Client Referral Form & Release of Information Form.
- First, download the form by clicking the link above and save it to your computer’s desktop.
- Next, open the form on your computer and fill out all the fields.
- When you are finished, go to “SAVE AS” (under the File tab) and save your completed form on your computer’s desktop with a different name.
- To email your new client paperwork to us, please include which form(s) you would like to send as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- To fax your new client paperwork to us, please fax to 207-799-1350 (Attn: Intake Office)
- To mail a hard copy of your new client paperwork to us, please send to 100 Waterman Drive, Suite 201, South Portland, Maine 04106 (Attn: Intake Office)
Location & Parking Information
Our address is 100 Waterman Drive, Suite 201, South Portland, Maine, 04106 (we are located on the second floor).
If you park your car in our parking lot, please use the parking spaces labeled “AOA” or “SPHA” (do not park in any spot labeled “FAH”). There are also free parking spaces along Waterman Drive, B Street, and C Street that are a short walking distance from our center.